Grade 2 Math
ACS delivers a standards-based program in mathematics, guided by the Common Core standards. In the elementary school, Everyday Math is used as a primary resource for mathematics instruction.
Consistent with many high performing international private schools and public schools in the United States, ACS has adopted the Common Core Standards as the baseline learning objectives for K-10 instruction in Math and in English Language Arts.
What Parents Need to Know
2nd Grade Family Letters -- EM4 (Everyday Math Edition 4)
Family Letters keep parents up-to-date on what their child is learning in class. They contain background information, vocabulary, games, and more for each unit. Click here to access the family letters for Grade 2 EM4 Units 1-9.
Grade 2 Learning Outcomes
Operations and Algebraic Thinking
- Represent and solve problems involving addition and subtraction.
- Add and subtract within 20.
- Work with equal groups of objects to gain foundations for multiplication.
Number and Operations in Base Ten
- Understand place value.
- Use place value understanding and properties of operations to add and subtract.
Measurement and Data
- Measure and estimate lengths in standard units.
- Relate addition and subtraction to length.
- Work with time and money.
- Represent and interpret data.
- Reason with shapes and their attributes.