Grade 3 Math
ACS delivers a standards-based program in mathematics, guided by the Common Core standards. In the elementary school, Everyday Math is used as a primary resource for mathematics instruction.
Consistent with many high performing international private schools and public schools in the United States, ACS has adopted the Common Core Standards as the baseline learning objectives for K-10 instruction in Math and in English Language Arts.
What Parents Need to Know
3rd Grade Family Letters -- EM4 (Everyday Math Edition 4)
Family Letters keep parents up-to-date on what their child is learning in class. They contain background information, vocabulary, games, and more for each unit. Click here to access the family letters for Grade 3 EM4 Units 1-9.
Grade 3 Learning Outcomes
Operations and Algebraic Thinking
- Represent and solve problems involving multiplication and division.
- Understand properties of multiplication and the relationship between multiplication and division.
- Multiply and divide within 100.
- Solve problems involving the four operations, and identify and explain patterns in arithmetic.
Number and Operations in Base Ten
- Use place value understanding and properties of operations to perform multi-digit arithmetic.
Number and Operations—Fractions
- Develop understanding of fractions as numbers.
Measurement and Data
- Solve problems involving measurement and estimation of intervals of time, liquid volumes, and masses of objects.
- Represent and interpret data.
- Geometric measurement: understand concepts of area and relate area to multiplication and to addition.
- Geometric measurement: recognize perimeter as an attribute of plane figures and distinguish between linear and area measures.
- Reason with shapes and their attributes.