ACS delivers a standards-based program in mathematics, guided by the Common Core standards. In the elementary school, Everyday Math is used as a primary resource for mathematics instruction.
Consistent with many high performing international private schools and public schools in the United States, ACS has adopted the Common Core Standards as the baseline learning objectives for K-10 instruction in Math and in English Language Arts.
What Parents Need to Know
KG2 Family Letters -- EM4 (Everyday Math Edition 4)
Family Letters keep parents up-to-date on what their child is learning in class. They contain background information, vocabulary, games, and more for each unit. Click here to access the family letters for Kindergarten EM4 Units 1-9.
KG2 Learning Outcomes
Counting and Cardinality
- Know number names and the count sequence.
- Count to tell the number of objects.
- Compare numbers.
Operations and Algebraic Thinking
- Understand addition as putting together and adding to, and understand subtraction as taking apart and taking from.
Number and Operations in Base Ten
- Work with numbers 11-19 to gain foundations for place value.
Measurement and Data
- Describe and compare measurable attributes.
- Classify objects and count the number of objects in each category
- Identify and describe shapes.
- Analyze, compare, create, and compose shapes.